Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Journey Worth Sharing

I posted these photos this morning and haven't had time to blog about my New Journey.  So here it is nearly 3:30 and I am struggling a bit.  My main reason for blogging about this, is because it will hold me somewhat accountable for my choices and hopefully will help me stay on track.  Are you wondering what I am doing???

First off, a few things you may not know about me:

1.  I am a researcher.  If I want to learn about something, I research my heart out until I discover what it is I want to know about. 

2.  I work in the medical field.  I see abuse of over ordering exams, prescribing medications overly and tons of other un-necessary things.  If you haven't figured it out, most Dr's these days are out to make a buck and will take advantage of the innocent.

3.  I truly believe that we can heal ourselves naturally.

4.  I do not believe in vaccinating.  I used to until I learned about all the ingredients that are being put into innocent children.  It is awful, just awful.  I am not telling you to do this, but it would be worth reading about. 

5.  I am on a mission to improve my health.  Mentally, physically and emotionally all by improving what I put into my mouth.  Yes By Eating!! 

Now you have learned that I like to research things.  Well I came across this chic!! Liana Werner-Gray.  She is a hot lil Aussie that resides in New York mostly now.  She was in a complete rut of binge eating on junk food for days that turned into 5 years.  Knowing and telling herself for years that this was not healthy, she decided to change ONE DAY.  From that day on she blogged for 365 days about her JOURNEY of changing the way she consumes food.  Strictly foods from this earth.  Yes that includes veggies, fruits, grains and MEAT!!  NO PROCESSED FOODS. 

I have been following her on Facebook and her website.  I finally decided that I would purchase her book.  It is pretty much written like she is just having a visit with you.  There are typos and such.  But her information is TRUE and REAL.  There are recipes in it as well.  For along time I have known that I need to correct alot of things in my life.  Especially my consumption of food.  My roots stem from a long list of heart disease.  I actually already have heart disease thanks to these genes and some tests that were run quite some time ago.  I have an Uncle that had a massive heart attack in his mid-20's.  YES MID 20'S....He has struggled with his health his entire life and has made it to his 50's by eating just like this chic does.  I guess you could say my motivation is my family, my children, my friend Julie, my unfortunate genes and now this Aussie Chic!!

I know now is the time, I have never been this motivated to become healthy.  I am on the verge of 34.  I have so many aches and pains, fatigue and never feel 100%.  I have just had two babies in the last 3 years.  My last child is almost one year  now.  The baby weight halved itself and I am still left with half that never hardly will budge.

Did you know that most people's bodies are ACIDIC??  We need an ALKALINE body to be healthy. 
 I FEEL LIKE MY BODY IS WAY ACIDIC. 

I know this will be difficult.  It is so easy to be unhealthy.  But I am on a Journey and a Mission to improve my overall well being. 

So, yesterday I knew that my new way of life was starting today.  I kinda over-indulged on bad foods.  Shame on me.  I ate candy, mexican food and then had a pizza party last night at the house just because!! LOL.  I felt guilty of course after every bite, and that is what I do all the time. I am tired of it.  Time to feel good about what I feed my body.  WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!! Right!!
I started this journal when I decided to start Weight Watchers.  I put motivational phrases in my book to help me achieve my goals.
Note today...Started cleanse....This has been tough...I am juicing fruits and veggies...ahem for 7 days.  I hope I am strong enough to do this.  I did great this morning, but I want to put food in my mouth soooooo bad.  My belly is growling pretty much all the time.
You must think I'm nuts.  Well think what you want!!  I kinda do at this very moment. 
This is what I am consuming for hopefully 7 days. After I do this my body will be Alkaline again!!  I intend to keep it that way. I figured up what I needed and hit the grocery store.  Organic is the way to go, but it just isn't available unless I travel 1.5 hours.  I spent 75 dollars on a basket full of fruits and veggies to get me through the next 7 days. 
This was my first smoothie.  Strawberry Apple Slushy.  It was really good. 
A few hours later green juice.  Doesn't that look so healthy.  I had a bit of hard time getting this down.  I loved all the ingredients minus the celery.  Thank goodness the lemon overpowered it.  My taste buds will eventually adapt!
Yea buddy!!  I CAN DO THIS!!
Now isn't this just an eye opener.  I about fell out of my chair when I saw this.  I won't tell you how many cubes I consumed yesterday on my binge of the last time I put you in my mouth desperation!! LOL!!

Alright all you soda drinkers.  QUIT NOW..thank goodness I don't drink these.  One less thing to quit..

My mind will not control me, I will control it.  AMEN
And AMEN again!!

I hope to be an inspiration to you.  Even if it is in one small form.  I am going to try with all my might to become a new Kristin.  Wish me luck.  I am in need of it NOW this very moment...I know there is left-over cold pizza in the fridge...it keeps calling my name Kristin...Kristin...Come eat me....So far so good!!

Signing off with the typical photo that is ever so common with me.




4 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I try to be as healthy as possible, we don't buy junk food and are hardly in town, so not much temptation. But I sure like baking cookies and such, and my husband is gonna have to have his meat and taters! ;)
    I do try and use whole grains as much as possible.. but it is hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I went in a couple weeks ago for ovarian cysts, they did nothing. Just asked me if I wanted pain killers... I said no, tylenol was just fine. I just thought maybe they would have told me more.. but nada. So I've been researching how to heal them naturally, and I feel like they are getting better hopefully. I think stress had a lot to do with it.
    Anyway, I'm about fed up with the medical world.. like you said, they just want money. It makes it hard, you don't feel like anyone really, and truly cares.
    I also agree about vaccines. We have some friends who's nephew was perfectly fine, went in for his two year shots and totally messed him up, he was diagnosed with autism two weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Let us know how things go for you! :)

    ReplyDelete