Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 2 of my Cleanse

Breaking News!! I made it through my first day of completely juicing fresh fruits and veggies.  I did have some major moments through my day, but I prevailed!!  The morning time was the most difficult for me.  I am a breakfast eater, and I wake up hungry ready to fuel my body with food.  I decided I would allow myself one egg with my breakfast juice of choice.  That way I get to munch on something.  They are so high in protein and good for you!!  Did you know that eggs increase brain function, reduce inflammation, aid in muscle recovery and growth, protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.  They can also aid in weight loss.  Just a little knowledge from research and The Earth Diet Book. 
So my journey yesterday consisted of this...preparing fruits and veggies for my juice or smoothie. Taking care of my kids. We squeezed in a two mile walk with the dogs, kiddos carted in the double stroller!!  It is time consuming doing this juicing thing, but worth it.  If you are strong enough to do this along with me you will need a juicer and a blender.  I had bought a juicer years ago, just a cheapo one.  But I have been impressed with it.  It does a great job providing me my juice. Oh, since I work one week on, one week off..I decided it would be best to do this on my week off.  It has worked well. 

Look at the wholesome glass of Fresh Orange Juice.  It really tasted so much better than store bought juice.  It was frothy and delightfully delicious.
The aftermath of our bumpy ride in the stroller.  Got to love Dirt Roads!!
My sweet Tucker looking out the front door.  Oh by the way...Painting of the ugly brass door is one of my upcoming projects...hmmmm what color to paint????

Brothers playing!! I love this, seeing my children develop a lifetime relationship.  It starts so early!

Motivation for my brain
So this is the beet juice ingredients.  Carrots, celery, red apple, lemon, beet and a small piece of ginger.  I was concerned about the taste as I dislike celery and have no idea what a beet tastes like. But to my surprise it is very tasty.  It is a sweet juice.  I can't even taste the celery. 
Isn't that gorgeous.  This is the trash that my juicer spits out.  The colors are so refreshing!

Hello Beet Juice!!  FYI:  Juicing is good for detoxifying, cleansing, to heal from illness, to boost immunity and to receive nutrients and vitamins at a cellular level.  When you juice the nutrition goes straight into our system just from drinking it.  Our bodies are not working hard to digest this juice, so the energy is distributed to our entire body almost effortlessly.
I want to share just a few things.  I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS...when I got on the scale I was 4lbs lighter just from yesterday.  CRAZY!! But of course I jumped for joy and talk about a huge motivator to complete my 7 Day Journey of Cleansing.
 
Here is my experience from yesterday: 
  • First off...this is what I told myself yesterday - I am on a journey to improve my health.  Starting with my cleanse and here on out.  Not just these 7 days.
  • Time consuming washing produce and juicing.  Maybe if I didn't have two kids under the age of 3 it would be a bit easier.  There were times I felt like I neglected them more than I should because it seemed I was in the kitchen alot yesterday.
  • This might be TMI (to much information) lol.  But I had 3 bowel movements before lunch time.  CRAAAAZZZYYY. My body is eliminating wastes for sure.
  • Frequent Urination...well duh...liquids all day long
  • My tongue tasted gross alot through out the day and I had dry mouth....hmm toxins coming out of me....that is what I think
  • My family benefits...they were always chowing down on my produce as I prepared it. 
  • Healthier me, Happier me, Happier Family!!
Day 2:
  • Woke up feeling well rested and not hungry.  Strange for me.
  • Had B.M. immediately
  • 4lbs lighter...can I get a Whoop Whoop.
Ok...I am a dork..but have you ever heard that song from Snoop Dogg - Sippin on Gin and Juice...Well I be sipping on my Green Juice!!  I was singing that alot yesterday and I actually sung it to my friend Julie.  I will introduce you to her soon.  We have become each others motivators to become Healthy and Fit!!  Peace out! 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Wahoo!! You have me thinking hard on all this... but, I'm preggy with numero 4, so, not until after we get through all the baby time! ;)
    Love that you are sharing, and SO happy that it's going well! What a motivation indeed, to lose 4 lbs!!

    ReplyDelete