Our weather seemed very unusual and quite warm for November and December. Thus, it really made it hard to feel any sort of Christmas Spirit..for me at least. I took the kids to Christmas in the Park near one of the small towns that we live by. I met my good friend Stephanie and her family there. On the way both boys fell asleep and when we got there I had to wake them up. They weren't in the best of moods. Bronc finally livened up a bit and Tucker enjoyed all the lights.
Each business in town or assoc. did a display. This one was from the local boy scouts. Isn't it cute. It is snowmen fishing and they are made out of tumbleweeds.
This was my favorite!! Longhorn with a Red Nose!!
My grumpy boys!
I decorated just a portion of our house with lights. I never had as an adult and I really wanted to for my kiddos.
I always seem to really get into baking during the Holidays. I love to bake. Just love it. I decided I would give a try at sugar cookies with royal icing. It was alot of work but I really enjoyed it and they turned out really pretty.
I ended up making snowflake cookies. I was intending on making Santa bellies. But discovered that to much red food coloring makes the icing really bitter. I then also discovered that they make such a thing as tatseless red food coloring. Live and learn. I took these to my work Christmas party and of course ate several to. Oops.
I have a small tree and that is what I have normally put up the last two years. It is quick, easy and pre-lit. Tyler requested the big tree this year. Well I was like...are you going to put it up?? You see, the one I have is over 10 years old and it is piece by piece, limb by limb, light by light. Quite the process. Of course, Tyler said NO...go figure. So I decided that I would buy myself a new tree that was three pieces total and pre-lit.
I also bought it on Black Friday and got it half off!!
It took me 15 minutes to put up and then about 45 minutes to decorate. Better than over two hours or more.
Our first dusting, tease of a snow.. It started to work on me!!
Starting to feel the Holidays!!
Tucker was so good, he never messed with the tree. Just the bows on the presents. Bronc on the other hand thought all my ornaments were toys.
More baking, this time Monster Cookies. I made these for all my hospital accounts that we service doing MRI's.
Next up Mini-pecan pies made especially for Lynette
Your welcome!!
Some of my favorite people...
Ange and Julie..friends and co-workers
For work, we drive around in a "Mobile" MRI Machine. Literally a machine is in the semi-trailer and then the BIG Truck pulls it around. Well, meet Chuck, he drives one of those big rigs around. He also helps with the patients to. He has been with DMG for along time...getting grumpier by the minute in his ripe old age to!! P.S. Chucky...you will always be my favorite driver!!
Sitting on the Limo for a picture. One of the drivers also drives limos on the side and he had just got off work and came to our Christmas party in the limo!!
And finally our mantle. I loved how this turned out.
Simple, elegant and rustic.

















No comments:
Post a Comment