Ode to Goatheads...Or OUCH might I rather say.
I don't know if everyone is fighting goatheads this summer, but we sure are. I go out many early mornings to hoe these mean weeds with the prickly beasts that hurt like a beep.beep.beep#@$ if ya know what I mean. Yesterday Bronc was playing around the corn field and he was barefoot, like usual. Well Tyler's Mom goes to get him and he takes off into the grass corner as fast as he can go. He lands into a patch of mean Ol' Goatheads and stops and then takes off again. Linda yells stop Bronc, but he didn't, he really didn't know what to do. So needless to say, he ended up with 6 Big Ol' fat Goatheads in one foot and 2 in the other. All of them in his foot as far as they could possibly go. Ouch to Goatheads, poor baby... We got them out and then he was off again.
I will continue my mission to eliminate these Mean Ol' Goatheads, but I think they are winning.....
I hate goatheads! We don't have them too bad around the house, thank goodness. We were at the ranch rodeo in Ft Sumner this weekend though, and they were all over the place. We probably brought them home with us. UGH!
ReplyDeleteOh joy. We have a few trying to get a head start in the yard, gosh they are frustrating!!
ReplyDelete