Sunday, December 19, 2010

Drifting along with the tumbling TUMBLEWEED!!!

The other day we were checking hog traps and there were quite a few tumbleweeds in the bar ditch. I got to thinking and told Tyler I want to pick me one up on our way back so I can decorate me one. Tyler was like only you would want to put a weed on the front porch and decorate it. Well, I was like YUP... I think I saw this on a Charlie Brown cartoon the other day.. Tyler said it was on TV and I had it on but wasn't really watching it much. But I had decorated it before this cartoon was even on...Tunnel vision, selective hearing whatever you want to call it :) Well, we didn't pick it up that day but I went with Tell the next day to check traps again and we got us a BIG OL' TUMBLEWEED!! This one wasn't very friendly, it was the stickery kind, so we had to tackle it with gloves! We found the biggest one possible and tied it to the headache rack on the back of the pickup.. I bet everyone was wondering why we were hauling a tumbleweed around!! HA!!
So here it is, the finished product!! And guess what???? Tyler thought it looked pretty darn cool after all!! I had to tie it to the wall because that silly thing wants to leave the country on a really windy day, guess I can't blame it, after all it is a tumbleweed.
It looks great with my rocking chairs, although I am minus one now.. I'm really sad about it.. We did a photo shoot the other day for some family pictures and we were hauling one around in the back of the pickup and that silly thing blew out of the pickup and smashed into a bazillion pieces.. We picked them up and Tyler was like, well we got us a whooping paddle out of the deal anyways...the arm of the rocking chair is pretty solid and Tyler says that will be Bronc's whooping paddle...OUCH is all I can say, hope he doesn't use it to much, I might have to get after him with it!!

2 comments:

  1. WHOA! That is a big ol' tumbleweed!! Cute idea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I bet you could sell them! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete