Friday, July 23, 2010

The Flood

We had nearly 13 inches of rain in a weeks time. It was crazy, it rained forever seemed like. I was going to upload some video of the water running but it wouldn't work, go figure. Tyler's mom came to hang out with me two weekends ago while Tyler was gone to a rodeo. It happened to be the weekend we got a ton of rain while she was here. This picture is the bridge that you drive over to get to our house. There never is any water in it unless if rains a ton. This water was probably a good 5 ft deep and running super fast. Crazy fast..
We drove around the ranch looking at all the water, cruising thru water, tons of mud... It was alot of fun. Umm... no comment on Bronc driving, thanks!!
Behind me is another place on the ranch that the water was gushing and running like crazy.
So later on I told Linda we should follow the water on the 6-wheeler by our house. We drove for a quite some time and never could get to the beginning. The dogs love to go for 6-wheeler rides. The 6-wheeler was parked but in drive still, well we kinda were on an incline. The river was just about 3 foot from the front of the 6-wheeler. I was busy taking pictures and all of a sudden it starts to roll right towards me and it is headed to jump off the side of the river bank.... Scary... I would say a good 7 ft drop or so.. Yikes... Linda starts to freak out and I casually grab the brake on the handle bars and stop it. Good thing the dogs know how to swim.. Ha.. was that funny? I thought it was. Linda was pretty scared.

My pups and Bronc baby, that boy loves 6-wheeler rides. I imagine because when I was huge pregnant I would drive it up to the neighbors when the roads were muddy. I would have to leave my car at the neighbors in order to get out for work. So he is used to it!!
Bronc Baby and Mamma!!


2 comments:

  1. The rain was crazy!!!!! My bestie that lives in Lubbock said her basement had major water damage. Crazy!! Are you guys going to the family reunion? We are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!The six wheeler "incident" WAS NOT FUNNY to Grandma!!You be careful when you and Bronc are out tootin' around!!And put some blue jeans on that boy's legs when he's out in the bush!!

    ReplyDelete