Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Bronc Has Finally Arrived!!!!

Special Delivery.... Bronc Riggin Rice finally arrived on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:49 am. He was a whopping 9.6lbs and 20.5 inches long. After a long 26 hour process we finally got it done. O.k. by the way, birth plans are bad karma. Mine flew out the window completely. I wanted a natural birth and ended up with a c-section. I'll give ya a few details. My water broke at 1:30 a.m. on April 1st. Tyler and I headed to Lubbock and got there about 2:30. I labored with back labor, horrible back labor for 8 hours, due to Bronc facing posterior, he was head down though, which was good. It is just harder to deliver with them posterior. I decided I had been macho woman for long enough and decided to have an epidural. EPIDURAL HEAVEN HERE I COME!! And was it ever. I labored without pain, could feel the pressure of contractions but that was it. Had a ton of visitors and I felt great. Visted too much and only got about an hour of rest in that 26 hours. So, then I finally dilated to 10cm and pushed for 2 hours. My big boy wasn't coming down. So C-section it was. They even had trouble getting him out via c-section. Finally they were able to deliver him!! So then I get to have him in my room for 1.5 days, then he spiked a fever. So off to NICU he went. Boo hoo.... They have run extensive tests on him and all are negative. He got sick from me being ruptured for soo long and my placenta ended up being infected, which in turn made him sick. Bronc is doing great now, he could've come home several days ago, but he has to have 14 rounds of antibiotics. Can't wait to bring him home.!! Oh, by the way, Mom, Ronnie, Clay and Carrie thanks for the great flowers!!!Bronc's cute sign on his crib.
Proud Daddy!!

Big Yawn!
So Sweet!!
This is my all time favorite picture. Funny thing, when Bronc was in my womb, this is how he would be on the Ultrasound pictures! This is how he always sleeps, how cute is that!!
My two Loves!!
It doesn't get much better than that... dang Tylers hat looks huge. I guess it is, just used to it on his little head!
Proud Mama!! I luv this big boy!!
He is such a sweetheart!
Check out his awesome blanket!! How fitting!!
Mama giving Bronc Baby his 3rd bath. Tyler gave him his first, it was too cute.
Look at that cutie!!
Feeding this big oinker!!
Proud Grandma Rice, My Mom got sick and was there for everything but she had to go home the day that Bronc was born.. Hurry up Sunday so she can come hang with us at the casa!!
Bronc is almost a week old in this picture!!
Stay tuned, more to come!!! Thanks to all of our friends and families for the prayers, great visits and wonderful gifts.!!! Thinking of you all and we luv you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Your labor sounds a lot like my first. UGH!!! Only my epidural never tood fully and I had MAJOR back labor the whole time. So worth it though. Love those cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Baby BRONC is so so cute! You and Tyler look so proud. I am so glad he is getting better. We need some good news in our family and you are the ones to bring it to us!
    Love Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Bronc is doing better!!! Congrats! He is sooo cute!! Big baby!! I thought Logan was an oinker!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristen & Tyler:
    What a beautiful baby boy. I'm so happy for you guys and glad you all are home and doing well. We'll keep you in our prayers and hug that cutie for me. He is as big as BOTH my twins put together.

    Cuzzin Suzy (Carson & Haley's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's very handsome! I'm sorry to hear you were in such pain, but glad everyone is safe and healthy! Congratulations again!

    Love,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and so glad to check out your new addition to the family! Your labor, delivery, and stay at the hospital sound hard and I know it must have been hard to be there that long. He's a cutie and I know y'all are proud! Can't wait to meet him, sorry we missed y'all at the rodeo this past weekend! My Dad gave me an update after Thurs. night, but haven't talked with him since we got back in from out of town. Hope all went well! Take care! Love, Joanna

    ReplyDelete