Friday, July 29, 2016

15 Years of Marriage

Tyler and I celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary in May. May happens to be a very busy month for shipping cattle off of wheat pasture.  I knew we wouldn't be able to do anything that month to celebrate, so I planned a surprise trip to Ruidoso at the end of April.  This is our quaint little cabin we stayed in.  It was made for two and the perfect retreat for our Anniversary. 
Marriage isn't easy, yes it is work. Tyler and I both came from divorced families. When we married we made a pact and took our vows seriously. We both felt strongly about not participating in divorce. We like every other couple have had our up's and down's. We also have had our run of pleasant, happy days  that seem to be more often than the bad.  I have learned a lot of valuable things in our marriage. God's Will, trust, honesty, communication, staying on the same page, similar interests, love for one another and more are what keeps us a float.  
Without these important pieces we wouldn't have made it this far.  It seems as we grow older, yes closer to 40, it just gets easier.  My love for Tyler is so much more profound and deeper than it was when we married at the age of 22. If just flows.  For 15 years we have never missed a day, multiple times a day that we tell one another we love each other.  I think that is so important to know that the love is still present and running through our bodies.  
We relaxed, drank coffee in bed by the fire, ate great food and just enjoyed our milestone Anniversary. 
Happy Anniversary to My Babe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment