Sunday, November 16, 2014

Bronc Shenanigan's

This picture represents a horribly upset Mama and then a grateful Mama.  
Today we got around two inches of snow. Our first snow and very early for November.  The temperature stayed below 20 degrees.  I went out around lunch to break ice for our animals and bring more firewood in.  Typically I can trust the boys to stay out of nonsense while I rush out to do a few chores.  Well today was not one of those days in regards to Bronc Shenanigan's.  So I was all done and stuck my head in the door and asked Bronc to get me a few trash bags.  It took him longer than it should have.  I just assumed he wasn't finding them well.  Well think again!

He finally brings me the trash bags.  I finish up and come on in.  Well low and behold I see this greasy stuff on the kitchen floor.  Along with footprints everywhere.  I ask Bronc what is this on the floor and he said I was spraying the flys and the snow told me to do it.  OMG I am fuming mad, seeing red, ready to give that boy a whipping. I figure out that he grabbed a can of avacado cooking spray that I had under the sink.  He took time to spray the stovetop, the countertops, the ventahood, the double ovens and some cabinets.  As I discover more and more messes I just am a fuming hot MAD MAMA.  It was tracked on his socks all over the tile and onto our year old carpet.  ##xx*****++++### insert bad words now.......thank goodness Tucker was in his closet playing.  

Anyhow Bronc had his share of whippings.  He had to clean his closet, his bedroom and the living room mess.  All which were toys.  During his cleaning extravaganza he brings me these blocks.  He made me these as a gift and for being bad.  He brought these creations to me in the form of an apology.  An apology in the form of a child.  What a precious sweet boy to understand that he was wrong, I was upset and he knew he needed to do something to reconcile our mess.  Later on that day he apologized verbally and gave me kisses.  

Lord knows I was one hot mad mess.  But I had to also remember that this was the FIRST huge mess that my almost 5 year old has ever made in his entire little life.  That is the truth.  He is typically so well behaved and mature for his age.   Then I had to sit back and laugh at him trying to kill the flys with the spray and for the snow telling him to do so.  Bless his little sweet heart.  Thank you Jesus for my silly, loveable, honest, innocent little Bronc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment