Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas time 2011


                                
                               Sweet Bronc!!

Mimi and her Grandson's.  Caden, Parker and Bronc
For Christmas Bronc and I traveled to Abilene to see my side of the family.  Tyler couldn't go with us because he was having some time at the Feedyard with the cattle and all the winter weather that we had been getting.  So, I thought we better go since it might be my last trip before the new baby gets here.  That trip was a pretty miserable 4 hours let me tell you!!  Being 8 months pregnant was uncomfortable and my legs were killing me by the end of our trip.  I had to get out and walk around due to the pain.  Whew!! The joys of pregnancy!!   


I did a little baking while I was in Abilene!!  I wanted to give my family a sweet treat!!  I decided I would try out Pioneer Woman's sweet roll recipe!!  Don't they look delish!!  I made 7 pans of these sinful babies!!  They were oh so good....not good for the figure though!! 
 Mom's Christmas Loot!!
 What a dorky picture!!  We decided we would drive the boys around Christmas Eve after their baths to look at the Christmas lights.  So they all were in their jammies and off we went, dorks and all!!
 Bronc got a Stuffed Toy Longhorn to mount on his bedroom wall!! He loved it!! Check out his puppy dog beanie!! To cute!!
 Major disappointment....Bronc got this really cool semi-truck and cattle trailer for Christmas.  It had rodeo figurines to go with it, etc.  So we get it out of the box and the darn thing starts to immediately fall apart.  A piece breaks off the truck, then the trailer door breaks.  It was a piece of JUNK... so we let Bronc play with it until bed time and then hide it so we could return it.  Poor lil guy, it was his favorite thing from Mimi and Papaw.  Things are built so cheap these days, breaks a kids heart.  But to solve that problem, we all chipped in to get Bronc a Happy Toy Maker Toy.  He should be getting it any day now.  I can't wait to see his sweet happy smile!
 Round 2 Christmas:
Bronc and I drive home Christmas day and about the time we get to Lubbock, the snow is falling!!  We actually had a white Christmas!!  I love the snow!  Anyways, we made it home safely and got home to Tyler, the little kid himself wanting to open presents up.  I was like, Tyler, we still have family coming next weekend to finish up our Christmas.  He couldn't stand it, so we all opened up one present.  And of course, he had to give Bronc the biggest one of them all!!  Meet Lucky... He is by far Bronc's favorite 4-legged friend that gets to live in the house.  We buck, fart, run, jump you name it.  He is really wild on him, wonder who taught him that??..... I am so in trouble.....


Playing with the new huge leggos!!
 Our White Christmas view from the back window
Check out our cool new stockings
 I just love this picture.  Riding Lucky, rope in hand, wearing one of Tyler's old hats!!!
 We got a new Cowboy Toy,  somehow the old one got lost!
 Bronc sporting his new mud boots and beanie!!
 Little Cutie!
 This boy is infatuated with washing dishes, seriously....I think he is bound to outgrow this someday.
 

Getting ready to go see Daddy at the Feedyard!!
 Come on lets go!!!
Lets see what else is happening....We are still living in between homes, at least I am.  We are not moved yet.  Tyler's mom's house isn't finished yet, so Tyler is at her house full time since the yard is just 9 miles away.  I go to our other home often just to make sure everything is o.k. and to enjoy the comforts of your own home.  I miss my stuff!!  It is looking like we won't be moved by the time the new baby gets here.  So, I get to enjoy moving once again with an infant, I should be a pro at this by now! 

It's all good!!  My pregnancy is going well, they have scheduled a c-section date of Feb. 17th unless he comes before then.  I had a section with Bronc so we are going to have another.  Tyler is working hard everyday to make a living for our family.  He hasn't had a single day off since August, I commend him for being such a hard worker.  He really is enjoying working for himself and making a comfortable living finally. 

That's all for now!!

2 comments:

  1. We started to get Q the exact same cattle truck for Christmas.. but talked ourselves out of it since it was so cheap looking! We had a time finding anything decent! I finally started looking for old toys on Ebay. Like you say, everything is so cheap and the kids don't even get to enjoy it! I wish the Happy Toy Maker wasn't so spendy, his stuff would be so fun!! Oh well!

    My hubby has been working every day since fall, on wheat pasture. They finally shipped them off though, so we should get to see alot more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I feel your pain on the wild jumping horse riding. I don't know how many times a day I hear, "I wanna be a bwonc rwider momma." ;)

    ReplyDelete