Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life at the Tongue River

We have really been enjoying our time here at the Tongue River Ranch. It is so beautiful and there is a ton of wildlife. We see deer, hogs, turkeys, snakes (don't care for them to much), bobcats, coyotes, all different kinds of birds, and strange looking bugs. Living in the Panhandle flat lands for over 10 years, you come accustomed to hardly any bugs or snakes for that matter. Also, about the only wildlife you ever saw were coyotes, pheasants and rabbits. So I am adjusting to all of the new wildlife and also the awful humdity. I could sure do without that! We discovered that we have a fishing hole on one of the spreads that Tyler looks after. It is soo much fun. We have fished it several times already and have good fishing! There is bass, catfish, perch, scary black snakes that swim, minnows and snapping turtles in it. Isn't that pretty how the clouds reflected on the water! Here are some heifers that water at the fishing hole. They are nosey!
Mama and Bronc Baby fishing it up. I out fished Tyler this day, but haven't had much luck since. Tyler keeps catching the whoppers and I hardly get a bite. What in the world am I doing wrong???
Here is one of the whoppers I am talking about, I bet it weighed 8-9lbs.

Bronc luvs to fish. He is so pleasant and just hangs out for hours without getting upset. This turkey was walking across the front of the house the other morning and I was sneaky quiet and got a picture of him. Look at the perrty wildflowers in the background!!
Speaking of wildflowers, of course I had to plant me a wildflower garden. I dug up beds in front of the entire front porch. I have been trying to work in the yard some when Bronc is taking naps, which has been difficult. Somedays he naps 3 hours and then others it is 30 minutes to an hour. Here is a picture of the work in progress. The dogs were loving the cool dirt. Thank goodness I have a fenced front yard, I can keep them out of it when I'm not around. They were digging holes and such. I planted my seed about 4 days ago and the baby seedlings are sprouting like crazy. I should have flowers blooming in a month or better.
Prize boar hog. At least in our book. The other day when we were on our way home from fishing I said is that a heifer down in the wheat field. Tyler wasn't sure so we drove out there, well it was the big boar hog. We didn't have a gun that day so we chased him around in the pickup for a bit and tried to take a picture. Well, he got away. So a few days later we went fishing again and on our way back home, there was that pig again in the wheat field. And we had a gun this time. Tyler dropped him with one shot. He probably weighed 250-300lbs, just guessing. Tyler had heck getting him in the pickup, he just had to have a picture of him.

Look how big he is, massive.
Bronc enjoying a nap
Oh my little Ivy. She is such a funny little dog. This is Cory's boys, Chance and Brennan. We were loading the trailer up in Plainview and the boys and apparently Ivy thought it was break time. She is such a hoot. Love that little girl. She makes me laugh!!

4 comments:

  1. That hog is huge!!! And the snakes in the water...gives me the chills! Bronc is getting big, sooo cute! Glad you are enjoying your new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a life!! Looks like fun! Love to read all your posts and see all your pictures. Bronc looks like a sweatheart. Hope you are well.

    Love,
    Kayla

    Sorry about the anonymous. Haven't figured out how to do it differently. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds look like they're in the water! And the turkey has a decent beard... ;)
    And Bronc is SO SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Muah to you all,
    Thanks for posting pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Awesome pictures and adventures. Plus, your little Bronc is a handsome little fellar!

    ReplyDelete