Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ski Trip With The Hubby

Tyler and I took a ski trip to Colorado recently.  We decided to fly since it would take two full days of driving to get there.  
My Babe and I.  
We arrived in Colorado around noon.  
We got a rental car at the airport and drove up to Arrowhead Village/Beaver Creek.
The home was absolutely stunning.  Here are just a few pictures of it. 

Our cattle guy and about nine other people were supposed to join us.  It ended up being just Tyler and I.  It would have been fun for a group of people, but we still really enjoyed our time there. 
I planned a movie date for Tyler and I the first evening there.  We drove into Vail to the Cinebistro for our date. 
It was a really cool experience.  You are seated in a dining room type theater.  The waiting staff come and take your orders before the movie.  Then they deliver your food right before the movie starts.  It was a delicious meal crafted by their chefs. Tyler ordered bone in ribeye and I had a pasta dish.  It was really delicious.  We watched The American Sniper.  Fantastic movie, a little potty mouth talk goes on often, but it was cool to see the story of Chris Kyle.  
So we hit the slopes for only part of one day.  My silly ankle was acting up and causing me much grief.  I was pretty bummed as this was the main reason we went on this trip.  Tyler was perfectly fine with just relaxing, eating good food and enjoying the mountains.  So that is exactly what we did.  
The next day we traveled into Beaver Creek Village and had lunch at the Dusty Boot Grill.  Tyler had the Elk burger and I had a Angus burger.  Very delicious.  We walked around the village and then headed back to the house.  
Roundabouts......I became quite tired of the roundabouts.  Do you know what a roundabout is? Well I did because there is one, just one in Clovis, NM that you go around down this certain street.  They are everywhere from Vail back to Beaver Creek then into Edwards.  Apparently they are to help traffic flow smoothly. I for one as a tourist have to disagree.  When trying to find your way around the village's, roundabouts can really get confusing.  Especially when using navigation to helpful find your destination.  I dislike roundabouts!!  This particular roundabout had a cool tree lit up red, white and blue.  
The snow out the back window.  
We stopped in a fun diner for breakfast on our last day in Colorado.  
Flying home over the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.  
Blurry picture here, but here are two happy, excited little boys.  They were so glad to see us and had to have a tussle with Daddy.  We enjoyed our time in Colorado.  It always feels good to come home to the kids and get back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment