Thursday, May 1, 2014

Celebrating a Father and Grandpa

Tyler's Dad passed away unexpectedly in mid March.  It was a hard phone call to get at 3 in the morning.  It seemed so unreal and shocking.  It just didn't seem possible.  I can't imagine what all the family felt during the initial shock of the sad news.  We all gathered in Clayton, NM to celebrate Doug/Daddy/Grandpa.  It was a really perfect gathering, perfect words spoken by some of my favorite workers. Very true, real and comforting to hear what God placed on their hearts for Doug's day.

We were joined by Tyler's best friend Tell as well as Abbie and Flint for an evening of swimming.  I thought it was nice of Tell to come and be with Tyler during a difficult time.  Flint, Bronc and Tucker enjoyed swimming.

Of course we have to find humor in sadness.  So we (Tell and I) give Tyler a hard time about his roots in regards to his birth father that he never knew. Tyler is adopted. And this wraps it up nicely.  Lol.  If he knew I put this picture on here I would be in trouble.  Or maybe he would just laugh to.
I wanted to bring something to the potluck even though I was told family didn't need to do that.  I just felt the need to contribute in some form or fashion.  So I decided to make homemade bread.  Doug loved homemade bread and it was a staple in the house while Tyler and Rachelle were growing up.  Fresh bread everyday, can't beat that!! It felt good to make bread in the home that Doug shared his life in for many years.  Bronc and Tucker even joined in and made some little buns.

Love my helpers.
Beautiful bread.
We enjoyed getting to spend some time with family that we never see much of.






Farewell for now.  May you be at peace now Doug/Daddy/Grandpa.  You are missed here on Earth, hearts still ache, but we find comfort in God's timing.  Much love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment