Saturday, August 20, 2011

The next part of our New England Trip....Dunkin Donuts!!!

The Sun was always shining on a Dunkin Donuts...mainly because there is no lie, a bajillion of them in New England.  I just thought I would fall over every time I saw one of these.  It was really bizarre.  They were literally across the same street from one another.  I guess to make it convenient for consumers if they were driving along that side of the road just to get a silly donut or coffee.  The main reason that I was so fascinated by this is because the pink and orange letters bring so many childhood memories for me. 
My sister and I always looked forward to going to Dunkin Donuts for the Strawberry Glazed Donut, let me tell ya it was sooooo good!!!  I kept telling Linda and Rachelle on our trip we have got to stop and get me one of those Strawberry Glazed Donuts... I had to re-live part of my fondest childhood memories.  So we end up not going to any on our Drive to Maine, but Rachelle tells me I ought to save it for the last day at the airport...YES even the airport had them.   So I did, I waited my last day in New England....It was the highlight of my morning.  I get to the DD stand and much to my dismay they don't have my Strawberry Glazed Donut.  I was so sad....  I opted for Donut holes, chocolate at that.  It wasn't history, but it was satisfying enough!!  Oh, just another bit of DD history.  There is like over 60 of the Dunkin Donut stores just in Boston alone.  I bet those Cops are happy campers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment