Our flight begins on a grand ol' Southwest flight!! I love Southwest, I fly it on a regular basis!! We flew out of Denver straight to Boston. It was about a 4 hour flight. Bronc did amazingly well!! He slept about an hour and then was awake the rest of the time, playing and snacking!
We have arrived in Boston and this is our caravan of luggage, we all thought we packed light... Doesn't look like it here!!!
This is our first hotel we stayed in, the Westin. It was a really beautiful, huge hotel. Not to far from the Boston Harbor. Bronc really like looking out our big window, what a cool view!!
Bronc and his Bracelet!! This is a bracelet that Tyler made for me in 2007 out of an old poly rope. I wore it all the time and when Bronc was born he would always hold onto it when he would nurse. So it is kinda like his "comfort item". He always chews on the thing and loves to hold it when he is asleep.
This is a really nice boat on the Harbor.
We went on a Duck Tour which was really pretty cool. As horrible as I am with history, all I can remember is that these were used in I think WWII as land vehicle as well as boat. This Duck toured us all around the best places to see in Boston and then we plunged into The Charles River. Bronc loved it!!!!
Bronc hanging with the fam reading a book
A really interesting looking bridge
This is our reflection in this glass building as we passed by. We were in the HOT PINK DUCK!!!
There are several graveyards along your path in Boston. Right in the middle of the city. In strange places in my opinion. I am used to seeing cemeteries off to themselves, these however are right in town.
This particular one Paul Revere, John Hancock and even Mary Goose aka Mother Goose are buried here.
This is the Holocaust Memorial. There were six different towers that were really tall and you could walk through them all. Each one is dedicated to the 6 Death Camps. Each tower has numbers etched in the glass for each Jew that was killed.
6 million Jews were slaughtered and 1/2 a million of these were children. This was really an interesting place to visit.
After our Duck Tour we decided to walk all over Boston. There are several of these water attractions for children to play in. Something different to me as well. The city life is really interesting, you see business men and women walking all over the city. They are walking in heels and business attire. I bet they have sore feet on a regular basis.!
That is pretty much a wrap up of Boston, we were there for one night and one day. On to Concord next.
Oh, and I must say there will be a post about Dunkin Doughnuts...another shocker!
No comments:
Post a Comment