Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Panhandle Weather

I seem to always be taking pictures of our weather.  I guess because I drive about 2,000 miles a month with work. I tend to see all the different weather patterns with being on the road so much. 
This was a rainbow after a major rain that we had.  Note the water rushing down our highway that leads to the dirt road we live down.  This was crazy.  The most water I have seen in a long time. 
This is a field that looks like a lake.  
My 3 mile journey into a huge river of water.  I was scared but my prayers and adrenaline got me through it.  Oh and Tripp's pickup.  Lol.  He loaned me a pickup to get home since I drove my car that day. It doesn't look very deep here.  But the further I traveled the deeper it got.  I couldn't turn around because I couldn't see the road and it got dark on me.  I drove one mile in water up to the pickup doors.  I wouldn't have normally done that but I got to far into it and had no choice but to keep going.  It was only an inch deep when I started.  
Another Dust Storm.  I tell you it is hard to keep a clean house with these things blowing in all the time. 
Calm before the storm 
Another awesome rainbow on my way to work. 
Green Bliss.  Thank The Lord for our rains.  
More Rain!!!
I love, love taking pictures.  I always have.  I am constantly snapping pictures with my phone.  It is handy and I don't have a fancy camera.  I really have been contemplating taking some photography classes and buying myself a nice camera.  I have had numerous people tell me that I really have an eye for art in relation to photographs.  We will see.  

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have all that rain... we are still waiting. :(
    I love your pictures! I'd love to take a class too, maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete